Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Long time, no see...

It has been some time now--almost 3 years!--since I posted to this blog. For one thing, research takes a lot of time, and time has been in short supply since my husband retired in 2017. In 2019 he had his second brain surgery so there was no writing for most of year while I looked after him. I had an appendectomy in November 2020 and Lyme disease in 2021, which I am still recovering from. So, very little research and writing has taken place until relatively recently.

I am working on a book about school shootings and the lessons learned that should have been learned. It will be different from what is currently out there as there is no need to reinvent the wheel. If there are certain books on topics people are interested in, I can recommend some. I love to share what is available, I am not a know it all by any stretch--I learn more every day. 

I do get some questions over and over that I will try to address if they are within the scope of my book--others with far more knowledge than me in certain areas have already written about their expertise and I suggest others take advantage of their work. I will not take a political side. I will not slant the facts to demonize one side or another. I will not write a screed on guns--there are other books and activist groups who are doing that. I can't cover everything; no one book, article, or study can.

I will try to post once or twice a month but that depends on time available. The first post will be about metal detectors in schools and will be up in the near future.


Content copyright © J Clark 2022. Please seek permission to use material from this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean as younger persons may be reading. Vulgar, rude, or antagonistic comments will not be posted.

Studies on various aspects of school shootings and school violence PART FIVE

I  often hear "The government has done no studies on school shootings in over 2 decades!!!" Why wait for the government? "The...